Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Your primary role will be at the forefront of FCA-regulated division’s exciting and innovating product plans advising all levels of those businesses on how to implement their plans in a way which is legally effective, fair and meets our commercial needs.
What you’ll do:
• Lead lawyer for all the business division’s consumer facing FCA regulated products.
• Advising on all consumer-facing matters including all products, marketing, and data protection.
• Lead lawyer on the business division’s consumer regulatory matters including all FCA aspects.
What you’ll bring:
• A technical expert in consumer FCA regulation with a proven ability to shape and influence commercial decisions through own technical ability and providing practical and implementable advice and options.
• Strong relationships, being recognised and able to influence at Exec and Exec-1 level.
• High motivation and ability to think creatively and embrace change positively, with excellent attention to detail, and an ability to find sound solutions to challenging legal, operational and commercial issues.
• Ability to organise, prioritise and plan effectively so as to keep delivery on track and manage unanticipated tasks.
• Someone who is confident, proactive, innovative, positive and flexible.
• Other required skills include:
– A strong desire to learn and develop.
– A great team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, resilience, and the ability to build rapport and establish trust at all levels.
– An ability to make sound risk assessments and to help others to do so, and to explain those assessments to senior stakeholders.
The Consumer Legal team works closely with the business as part of a wider directorate which is one of four in Legal and Business Affairs, whose 100+ lawyers boast a wide range of expertise, reflecting the scope of Sky’s business.
The Consumer Legal team comprises around 10 people and forms part of the Consumer, Corporate and Competition directorate which comprises around 27 people. The role will report to Head Counsel for Consumer Legal with a dotted line to the MD of the specific business division.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.