Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“We are leading the way in many areas of data, from delivering business critical reporting, to providing an essential analytics platform to an elite team of data scientists and analysts. Our solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content and a whole lot more. Delivering innovative solutions for new products and initiatives is what we do, every single day. We are the team responsible for bringing together thousands of data feeds from hundreds of systems, into our state-of-the-art cloud platform” – SNR Data Engineering Manager – Michelle Rhodie
Crafting scalable, reusable self-serve data products and customer focused visualisations to drive business decisions and maximise potential in everything we do. Be part of the team growing the Visualisation capability for Sky on our new Google Cloud Platform.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
What you’ll do:
– Deliver innovative technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our partners. This will entail analysing, developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the full development lifecycle
– Collaborate extensively with peers across DTA and provide technical & domain input to ensure that we collectively understand and strive to solve key business questions
– Contribute towards defining Visualisation best practice and standards, ensuring consistency of delivery across the team
– Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
– Adhere to the end to end change process and apply vital rigour in a timely manner
– Assist with the mentoring of associate engineers and colleagues during the project lifecycle with a focus on continuous improvement in an encouraging environment
What you’ll bring:
– The ability to translate complex business needs into technical requirements
– Extensive data analysis and interpretation background –to critically evaluate data gathered from various sources, helping key partners understand and maximise the potential of Sky’s data
– Excellent SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
– Solid technical background in visualisation tools, such as Tableau, with a focus and understanding of end to end best practice in providing self-serve data and dashboarding capability
– Experience in cloud based ETL environments; preferably Google Cloud Platform; with an understanding of ETL concepts and techniques
– Demonstrates exceptional communication and social skills and has a demonstrable ability to influence technical decisions in a fast paced commercial environment
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus, there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.