Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Reliability Engineering represents the beating heart of the Sky Experience, delivered to millions of homes and devices across Europe. We are looking forward to welcoming a new recruit to our dynamic team.” – Mark Ellis, Reliability Manager.
Do you want to be part of a team that ensures the performance of the digital fabric that has enabled a rapid transformation in the way the UK works and is entertained? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
What you’ll do:
• Operate and troubleshoot content delivery systems running on a mixture of cloud and bare-metal, used to deliver content to paying subscribers at web-scale concurrencies.
• Commission bare-metal from multiple vendors and VMs on a range of hypervisors using bootstrap automation technologies such as IPMI/iLO/DRAC, pxe, RHEL/Centos kickstart / cloudinit.
• Form/Operate CI/CD deployment pipelines with Jenkins to automate rollout.
• Manage configuration and upgrades of production operating systems and applications using Ansible with associated secrets management.
• Ensure effective monitoring and logging, on and off server. Deploy & manage basic and advanced log processing systems, from syslog, ELK stacks to Clickhouse.
What you’ll bring:
• Specialism as a sysadmin, ideally with RHEL/Centos distributions, with experience focussed on, for example: performance tuning, iptables, pinned repo’s, security hardening.
• Production familiarity with a range of virtualisation/container technologies using e.g., Terraform, Docker, LXC, Xen, LVM, VMware or Openstack with their Cloud equivalents at GC, AWS or Azure.
• Ability to network and secure bare-metal/VM/container systems, ensuring isolation, performance of applications and security considerations.
• Knowledge and practical understanding of TCP/IP, including IPv4, IPv6, DNS, DHCP and HTTP.
• Experience of production-scale deployment and operation of open-source applications such as, Apache Traffic Server, Envoy, Squid, Varnish, HAProxy, nginx.
• A flair for producing clear documentation and diagrams and the ability to manage configuration, shell-scripts and markdown using git.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From OTT to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It’s part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.