Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Cyber Fusion Centre (CFC) team, who are a team of security professionals working hard to proactively to protect Sky from cyber related threats.
What you’ll do:
– Develop, design and implement SIEM infrastructure (primarily Splunk) deployments and orchestration within a multisite cluster environment
– Develop innovative solutions to complex problems, troubleshoot issues with log sources and systems with vendor, and report system defects as required
– Recognise and understand relevant use cases to onboard new data sources into SIEM and build, develop and design dashboards highlighting key trends
– Perform software upgrades, updates, patches and health checks as required
– Review L1, L2 and L3 SOC activities with a view to automate, enhance or augment human capability where possible.
What you’ll bring:
– 5+ years of experience with SIEM design, implementation, and deployment with strong problem-solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure
– Experience with assessing and recommending security control improvements and identifying compensating controls with the ability to map data to a normalized format
– Experience with writing documentation, procedures, and best practices in technical environments
– Familiarity of performing actions via REST API’s and experience with developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripting
– Practical knowledge and experience with Ansible and GIT
– Knowledge of working within Cloud environments (GCP, AWS and Azure)
– Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams – uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we’re protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that’s kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
– Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.