Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UKIS Platform Operations team and help us craft the future of our customer management platforms and services for the full software development lifecycle. You’ll join an ambitious, innovative team and define & build modern, scalable tools and platforms with cutting edge technology, engaging with teams across Sky.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As SRE Manager you will bring a dedicated focus that drives best in class practices around resilience and performance for our platforms. You will work with other teams to ensure the principles you define become the standard approaches of our future mission critical platforms.
– Manage and evolve a team dedicated to resilience, performance & security across all customer platforms
– Be our champion of best practices in these areas, collaborating effectively with multiple teams to ensure successful adoption
– Define & deliver the principles, practices, tools and services that meet our aspirations for resilience & security
– Manage platform performance engineering resources that continually assess our stability, capacity and resilience
– Embed & extend Security testing & Chaos Engineering practices part of our automated delivery pipelines
– Ensure our Operational Readiness is continually optimised
– Shape our future capability
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Excellent management & communication skills – ability to lead, empower and evolve teams
– Experience of Agile delivery methods at Enterprise scale for CRM & Digital platforms
– Solid experience of inspiring change towards modern SRE and Security practices
– Solid grasp of DevOps and Performance Engineering activities
– Knowledge & experience of cloud native enterprise platforms and microservice architecture (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, VMWare)
– Experience of enterprise monitoring solutions (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Kafka)
– Awareness of market leading tooling in these areas
– Critical thinking – able to think bigger picture.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
– Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
LIVINGSTON WATERMARK HOUSE:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky, we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on whom you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.