Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Sky News has a strong reputation for producing an unrivalled breaking news service. Over the past year we’ve successfully boosted our audience to around 45 million unique users a month on our owned and operated digital platforms, and tens of millions more on new and emerging off platform social channels. We are creating this role to help us continue to grow our audience reach and engage new users across our digital services.” – Head of Digital Output, Sky News
What you’ll do:
Be a first-class journalist working as part of the digital team in the country’s most dynamic news organisation. Sky News attracts more than 15m unique users each week to our website and app, and tens of millions more on our social platforms. We want to build on our success by making Sky News the best and most engaging news publisher on all platforms. This high profile senior editorial role puts you at the sharp end of Sky News journalism and will involve team management responsibilities as well as creative commissions.
- Make key editorial decisions about Sky News output, commissioning original content for our social channels and overseeing production teams through to publishing.
- Be instrumental in developing new strategies to convert our social audiences into users of the Sky News app and website.
- Be responsible for leading a team of journalists and have line management responsibilities for several producers.
- Be creative and have the ideas for innovative ways to bring to life our news coverage on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat and more.
- Have the creative experience to pitch and devise new strands; live, video, text or stills based.
- Ensure that our digital off platform content is timely, accurate but of the highest quality at all times.
- Work closely with our audience development team to implement data-led strategies to make the premium Sky News TV, audio and digital formats reach as many audiences as possible.
- Be able to identify what is working, what is not, and where the opportunities to grow new audiences are.
What you’ll bring:
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of current affairs.
- Deep knowledge of news audiences and their behaviours on different apps and platforms
- First class news-writing ability (including flawless written English), flair for headline writing, ability to spot a top line and a great eye for pictures and video.
- Experience of content management systems, Photoshop and video production tools.
- A full understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements
- Flexibility to work across a range of strands and platforms to support the 24/7 operation of Sky News
- Detailed knowledge of the news media and emerging digital technologies
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.