Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Technical Management team work across a broad range of Sky’s state-of-the-art studio facilities and systems as the technical leads ensuring effective and efficient delivery of all programming produced through the resources of Sky Production Services
What you’ll do:
- On the day production technical ownership, ensuring our clients feel confident you are the go-to technical person on the production. Across all crafts, manage any changes or problems that occur and facilitate successful production completion, guaranteeing all client requirements are met
- Provide 1st line technical support acting as the key point of contact for incidents affecting studio operations across all crafts and escalating as necessary
- Working knowledge across all technical areas: galleries, studios, automation, enhanced control rooms, remote and virtual production systems.
- Ensure the gallery, systems and studio are technically fit for purpose
- Routing of internal and external sources as well as liaison with other technical areas
- Ensure all positions are manned and all equipment and facilities are checked out and ready beforehand
- Responsible for the technical quality of the signal being recorded or broadcast (use various measuring devices and displays to ensure quality control)
- Vision Control duties – matching the exposure and colour balance of the cameras (“Racking”)
- Liaise with remote onsite support to establish and identify circuits across remote productions
- Responsible for floor vision monitoring, in vision monitoring, projection systems, vision signal path management and first line maintenance procedures and escalation.
- Maintain and develop appropriate comprehensive technical documentation
- Through pre-planning and preparation, certify extensive knowledge of client technical production brief and requirements on your productions
What you’ll bring:
- Highly motivated, with a dedication to continuous self-improvement.
- A strong work ethic, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communicator who can demonstrate resilience under pressure
- Well informed and up to date on broadcast developments and production processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of technical studio processes and equipment in production environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of broadcast technical equipment
- Experience of remote production workflows
- Experience of cloud-based workflows and interfaces
- A practical understanding of all related fields in live and studio TV production
- Excellent client facing skills
- Be able to step into any studio environment on events and issues affecting technical operations
Sky Production Services is the home of content creation and innovation for Sky and beyond. We provide outstanding facilities and talent for storytellers, including Studios, Post Production and other content production resources. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.