Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
Our team also develops technology for the broader Sky Group and Comcast, our parent company, supporting multi-propositional applications across the United States and Europe, such as NBCU’s Peacock in the US, Sky Spain and Sky X in Austria. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
“Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across Sky and Sky’s partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do. We’re looking forward to welcoming more talented people in our team” – Scrum Master
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute test plans/packs, effectively capturing defects and producing test reports
- Meet regurlarly with scrum masters/project managers to understand and be able to prioritise test requirements
- Represent the test team in project/progress/status meetings
- Drive improvement through implementing testing procedures and overseeing the QA process
- Mentor current and future junior testers in the test team
What you’ll bring:
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies, practice and terminology, with ideally 5+ years of QA experience
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate ideas clearly
- A successful track record in video players testing, as well as web and mobile application testing
- Knowledge of streaming technology, AV codecs and DRMs
- Strong knowledge of debugging and proxy tools, such as Charles/Wireshark or Fiddler
- A focused, determined and proactive mindset towards problem resolution
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyse logs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- NOW premium subscription
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. We’re currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you’ll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you’ll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSkyacross social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.