Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Having set up a small but highly efficient creative strategy function within Sky Creative, we are looking for an insightful, driven, and experienced leader, to take on responsibility as Head of Strategy, leading the team and driving thought leadership for brand and creative campaigns across Sky’s key business areas including TV, Entertainment, Sport and Cinema.
What you’ll do:
– Lead the strategy department, growing and developing the talent, managing workflow and prioritisation of projects, ensuring the team delivers outstanding thinking across all key projects, inspiring and unlocking the best creative output possible.
– Help deliver on the Sky Creative’s purpose of ‘creativity that connects’ by finding innovative ways to translate customer data, qual learnings, and broader cultural truths into strategies and briefs across Sky’s most important business areas in both content and product marketing e.g. Sport, Cinema and TV
– Drive the effectiveness agenda to ensure we’re creating work that works!
– Form effective, collaborative relationships, with brand, marketing and business colleagues.
– Help Sky to align its strategic direction and creative output across Europe, building effective working relationships with counterparts across markets, demonstrating a detailed understanding of their unique challenges work within a pan-European process model.
– Act as a crucial member of the Advertising leadership team (reporting into the ECD of advertising) and as part of the Agency Change Team, helping to devise and implement actions that ensure the agency is achieving its vision and purpose.
– Inspire Sky Creative to develop more innovative ideas and cross channel solutions, ensuring the output of the agency connects with consumers in fresh and unexpected ways
What you’ll bring:
– Strategic Agility – Ability to apply strategic thinking to different forms of creative output from advertising and design to promos, social and below the line activity.
– Passion for best in class brands, branding and creative advertising output – always targeting to improve the quality of ideas and thinking across client’s business.
– A consumer champion – instinctive, insightful and inspirational ability to put consumer-first thinking at the heart of strategic & creative solutions!
– Excellence in Effectiveness – a meticulous approach to effectiveness and comms understanding, with a wealth of experience in how to measure & improve the performance of communications.
– Best in class communication and collaboration skills – A true people person who can collaborate at a high level with senior partners through an authoritative understanding of business & commercial challenges.
– A strong portfolio of previous work – Strategic thinking on large client business, preferably with in sector and an ability to deal with complex strategic and brand architectural issues and challenges.
– Experience in leading people and teams, getting the best strategic thinking, presentations and briefs out of a team of strategists and a desire to help cultivate and grow strategic talent. As well as experience in driving the overall direction of an agency.
As part of Sky’s Consumer Group, Sky Creative Agency provides Advertising, Brand Design and Broadcast Creative for multiple partners across the business. We have recently integrated Sky Works, Sky’s in-house Trading agency to create a fully integrated 360 through-the-line operation.
Our work is varied, from Broadcast Design teams embedded in Sky News to specialist digital performance marketing teams, brand Advertising and Master brand ownership. We are leading the way in an industry wide trend for in-housing and day in day out we are relentless in raising the standards of our work.
Our ambition is to drive excellence in Sky’s advertising and to help build Europe’s leading entertainment brand. We are committed to diversity, inclusivity, and as Europe’s largest in-house agency, believe we can be role models for our industry.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.