Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The Sky Industrial Design team spends every day concepting our design vision, exploring, iterating and crafting hardware. We are a small, close team of ambitious creatives continually seeking excellence in our work and in the execution of our vision.” – Peter Griffith, Group Industrial Design Director
What you’ll do:
• Bring insights from the user’s perspective to the briefing stage of the design process. These insights typically include; design landscape trends, consumer trends, technology trends, product observation insights and interpretation of trends, not just what is happening but what it means to us.
• Assist the ID design process by leading research to build, measure and learn.
• During design exploration support the process of prototyping ideas, user testing and reporting insights.
• Support the Director of Group Industrial Design in building and leading research processes and frameworks to support the best professional practice.
What you’ll bring:
• Extensive design/design management/design research experience; at least a couple years responsibility for research in European market – experience in other markets a bonus.
• Research experience in consumer electronics and technology sector, especially in development market where technology is at the forefront of influencing the sector.
• Experienced in personally executing a variety of qualitative methodologies.
• Knowledgeable and capable of leading quantitative research.
• An ability to work with industrial designers, collaborating to bring out the strengths of research practice and portfolio level thinking in sync with ID development.
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity and lead the research priorities.
• Experience supporting and strengthening strategy, conceptual work, and prototyping.
• Willing to travel overseas 10-25 percent
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Our location takes some beating: we’re practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there’s some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.