Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Data Quality team is responsible for applying quality management techniques to data within Sky, in addition to providing data quality advice and support to drive the benefits: trust, performance & value.If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
What you’ll do:
Transform how we value data through the planning, design, and implementation of processes to improve data quality management practices and measurably improve data quality whilst ensuring conformance with Sky’s data management standards and driving a best practice culture:
- Focus on delivering data quality analysis and profiling of Sky’s critical data assets to drive business improvement
- Work closely with data owners, stewards, and custodians to define data quality rules and demonstrate how improving data quality can drive business value
- Establish effective data quality monitoring
- Create visualisations of data quality through dashboards
- Investigate potential areas of poor-quality data including root cause analysis and support the resolution of data quality issues finding opportunities for improvement
- Work with the business and technical partners providing advice, and guidance, on data quality standards to support delivery of workstreams and projects
- Implement data quality approaches and systems and contribute to their design and effectiveness
- Maintain and gain knowledge of current best practice on DQ tools, techniques, and methodology
- Serve as a liaison between various teams and departments for when issues require co-ordination to address
- Work collaboratively with peers in data management to achieve goals, share knowledge and address issues
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience in data analysis / data quality, including knowledge of data quality tools
- Experience of supporting data quality projects, defining clear objectives, scope, and deliverables
- A good understanding of data quality concepts including experience of managing and reporting of data quality
- An appreciation of the data lifecycle and the data quality improvement cycle
- Skilled at issue discovery, investigation, and articulation
- Results-oriented, diligent, champions best practices for data quality supporting innovative approaches to data management
- Assertive, responsible for own workload, and willing to commit to deadlines
- Comfortable with work where the path to the goal must be worked on and discovered. Able to contribute to the creation of the direction and drive needed
- Forward-thinking relationship management and influencing skills at all levels and to differing audiences whilst exercising discretion on sensitive & confidential matters
- Data focused with an analytical mentality ideally with knowledge of data and change or programme management experience
- Ideally knowledge of Data Quality measurement and critical metrics
Data, Tech & Analytics: Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and making Sky more relevant. We are leading the way in many areas of data; from delivering business critical reporting to supporting the re-platforming of our data with data management best practice. Our solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content and a whole lot more.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.