Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“As the technology delivery manager, you are responsible for aligning functional business needs with the required technology capabilities across hardware and software for Sky Connect. Key focus areas will include delivering business critical, compliant, hardware/software solutions that are delivered within scope and to budget. You will work across product, technology, external suppliers and other internal functions to deliver stated outcomes. You will be required to maintain the momentum and motivation of the wider team to ensure the projects meet their targets through all phases from planning to delivery.” Director of Product, Alexandra Sewell
What you’ll do:
- Deliver business critical, compliant hardware & software solutions, working across internal and external vendor teams
- Aligning estimates, design and delivery plans for hardware/software initiatives working across internal product and technology teams and external suppliers
- Responsible for initiating and managing risk assessments for new CPE development, including ongoing support required to develop UK/EU compliant devices
- Make efficient trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope, and apply advanced technical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles throughout the project phases
- Apply knowledge of core technologies and/or functional areas to coordinate design, development and launch within time, scope, and cost constraints
- Raises up Risks, Actions, Issues, and Decisions to the broader tech and program teams as part of the E2E program schedule
- Manage the project deliverables from beginning to end to ensure programme delivery plans are met while managing the risks form other work stream leaders that could impact the project schedule
- Interacting, maintaining, and supporting effective relationships with the project partners, suppliers and other areas of the development team including external technology partners.
- Anticipate, identify, and drive resolution of technical challenges and interdependencies to prevent downstream problems
- Directly responsible for vendor management, in the areas of hardware/software development and risk management
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in overseeing development of new CPE, including working knowledge of RDK open source software platform
- Working knowledge of UK/EU compliance standards for CE, Telecoms Security and UKCA.
- Experience delivering OEM solutions within a large company
- Experience of managing large scale technology deployments within the telecom industry
- Articulate at sharing complex technology concepts with non-technical functions
- Passionate about new technology and new products
- Ability to present information and data in a clear & concise manner
- Ability to be pro-active in researching and finding resolutions to issues in a fast-moving environment
- Proven Project Management experience of delivering medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Excellent people & communication skills – can work with a diverse range of personalities and cultures maintaining credible with management teams and partners.
- Grasp of all aspects of technical project management including HW, SW, budget, resource management and factory planning
Sky Connect is a new, exciting division of Sky – we’ve joined with our American-based parent company, Comcast, to undertake an ambitious venture in the UK market. We want to establish Sky, as the trusted brand you know, now delivering the innovative products and services designed for businesses. We’re looking for exceptional and innovative people, who are eager to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, to join us on our unique journey of building a new business, with the backing of a hugely successful brand.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, as much as we can with the option to work part-time: x hours a week. so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.