Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“As the Head of Strategic CPE, you will be responsible for orchestrating the development and lifecycle management of hardware and associated software solutions required to stand up a tech-forward product portfolio. You will directly oversee the product development process through equipment specification , introduction, to lifecycle management through equipment end of life. In your role, you will be on top of technology trends across CPE and Software, with a specific focus on communications and collaboration products including but not limited to Broadband/Fibre/Ethernet/4/5G, VoIP, UC, Cyber Security, and newer technologies such as SDN/SD-WAN.” Head of Strategy, Alexandra Sewell
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for developing the Sky Connect CPE Hardware roadmap ensuring the business has the right products at the right time for our customers.
- Responsible for detailed hardware and software specifications to enable Strategic vendors to develop products in a timely manner.
- Orchestrates CPE/Software development and is responsible for prioritising delivery of Next-Gen hardware/software solutions for the business.
- Responsible for working across product, technology, and the vendor ecosystem to evaluate and make CPE & Software recommendations to deliver the Sky Connect product roadmap across SME and Midmarket segments
- Ensures equipment is optimized throughout its life, working across product and technology to manage ongoing feature improvements, security, and compliance requirements
- Maintains standards and practices across legal, compliance, and regulatory as it relates to the entire CPE portfolio from initiation through in-life.
- Responsible for evaluating risks/impacts of introducing new equipment/software into the existing equipment ecosystem and recommends path(s) forward
- Oversees Sky Connect’s SIK (CPE self-install) program & coordinates equipment swaps/upgrades and equipment end of life/sunset initiatives as required.
- Responsible for managing in-life performance of all CPE across the Sky Connect portfolio which includes tracking KPIs and turning equipment performance metrics into meaningful improvement initiatives
- Anticipates major risks and issues, working collaboratively with partners outside and within the product and technology teams to proactively recommend creative and pragmatic solutions in situations such as: resource contention across the portfolio delivery; lack of alignment; or imminent budget overspend
- Works closely with supply chain, ensuring the right level of inventory and championing for vendor improvements where necessary
- Develops a deep understanding of all Sky Connect current and future product lines and how these solutions utilize their associated CPE, and the impact of aging CPE upon Sky Connect customers
What you’ll bring:
- A deep understanding of telecoms technology with a focus on CPE and hardware design.
- Working knowledge of software requirements associated with delivering telecoms CPE
- Proven experience in overseeing development of new CPE, including working knowledge of RDK open source software platform
- Working knowledge of UK/EU compliance standards for CE, Telco Security and UKCA.
- Experience delivering OEM solutions within a large company
- Experience of managing large scale technology deployments within the telecom industry
- Articulate at sharing complex technology concepts with non-technical functions
- Ability to translate business and commercial requirements into direction for delivery teams as internal customer to delivery teams
- Ability to be pro-active in researching and finding resolutions to issues in a fast-moving environment
- Have a comprehensive view of the priorities of Product and Technology partners
- Allocate and strategically manage E2E accountable resources
- Drive prioritised roadmap initiatives, manage and report at an Executive level
- Provide a single view, transparent view, of progress, risks, issues and constraints
- Manage dedication and alignment to strategic direction and business priorities
- Work with program resources to manage the Business Roadmap Change Control process
Sky Connect is a new, exciting division of Sky – we’ve joined with our American-based parent company, Comcast, to undertake an ambitious venture in the UK market. We want to establish Sky, as the trusted brand you know, now delivering the innovative products and services designed for businesses. We’re looking for exceptional and innovative people, who are eager to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, to join us on our unique journey of building a new business, with the backing of a hugely successful brand.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.