Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Do you want to be part of an exciting, dynamic team? At Sky, we’re constantly pushing the technology boundaries, and innovation is at the heart of everything we do in our content areas. Sky is embarking on some exciting content technology programmes over the next few years. We require a self-motivated, experienced Project Manager to work alongside our Operations and Technology teams building the next-gen content systems for our linear, VOD and OTT platforms. Sky is committed to finding the best diverse candidates to ensure we have a well-balanced robust team. If you like being at the forefront of innovation, come and join our team.” – Group Content Processing Director
Were looking for a Project Manager with a clear eye for business, someone who has with strong problem-solving skills and good judgemental skills to keep projects on track and deliver operational solutions in a digital media environment
What you’ll do:
– Get operational teams ready for go live and manage transition to live
– Work to align the operational model against multiple work streams and identify technical tooling changes and integration to the current tooling
– Align the operational workflow against the production support workflow
– Understand and clarify what are the operational impacts of workflow changes
– Align the platform and service readiness timelines with the operational readiness timeline
– Identify the operational changes and clearly articulate the business impact
– Identify any training, testing and UAT that is required
– Documentation of the operational dependencies and tracking against plan
– With the ability to track and monitor the progress of a project the role also requires someone who can provide clear and unambiguous written and verbal reporting of the project status, keeping stakeholders up to date with relevant information
What you’ll bring:
– Operational Project Management – Extensive project management experience of managing operational delivery through all stages of the systems lifecycle (Initiation, Analysis, Design, Build and Implementation) to be skilled in at least one project management formal method used in a cross disciplined environment
– Planning and Control skills, using recognised Project Management tools
– Relationship Management – establishing and sustaining strong customer relationships to ensure that their projects are implemented in accordance with their needs.
– People Management – particularly managing people without direct authority to ensure the successful delivery of the project and show excellent communication skills – credible with senior management, good at conflict resolution
– Significant experience of delivering projects through others and without direct control
– Project Management experience or experience in a similar organisation.
Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Access to free NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
This role will be mainly worked from home with touch down days in Osterley.
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. Wea’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.