Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Working closely together with your Senior Responsible Procurement Manager peer in the team; you will create & implement the Responsible Procurement strategy for Sky Group Procurement
What you’ll do:
- Play a central strategic role in implementing & delivering the requirements of Responsible Procurement throughout Group Procurement and across the Sky business.
- Take responsibility for Group Procurement’s part in embedding Sky’s Responsible Business approach, (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Human Rights etc) in all our sourcing decisions and practices.
- Ensure Sky’s Group Responsible Procurement strategy aligns with our Group Supply Chain approach and the wider Global CSR programme (Comcast/NBCUniversal). Identify efficiencies, and collaborative opportunities.
Lead the measurement, analysis and reporting for Responsible Procurement
- Develop and improve the mechanisms by which we measure, analyse, report and improve Responsible Procurement’s performance, including communicating progress against our targets.
- Lead the integration of tools and processes to assess suppliers’ performance against Responsible Procurement metrics and environmental commitments.
- Ability to interpret data to make meaningful suggestions. Use data analysis to identify trends and map opportunities to help inform strategy.
- Continuous improvement of the data – exploring options with the likes of Ariba on how we can simplify and enhance our data and processes.
Partner with our stakeholders & Suppliers
- Build and manage internal & external relationships with key stakeholders including the identification of strategic supplier partnerships as well as managing internal working groups. An ambassador internally and externally to promote & bring Sky to forefront of best practice.
- Work closely with the Responsible Business team, Supply Chain & other strategy teams to help shape and support the delivery of Responsible Procurement in line with our Responsible Business ambitions and in alignment with reporting requirements
- Partner with Suppliers – Organise and deliver supplier & internal workshops regularly to update suppliers & the business on our ethical requirements and share best practices and provide guidance.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of responsible sourcing, procurement practices, and stakeholder engagement processes and a proven ability to navigate and influence within a complex & fast paced organisation.
- Project management skills.
- Experience of change management or business transformation.
- Fast-moving change Exposure to working in fast growing, high demand business. Need to move at pace with constantly evolving priorities.
- Analytics and Data – Excellent analytical skills, first-class attention to detail. An ability to see the bigger picture, connect the dots whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- Communication & presentation skills – simplifying complex technical issues for exec & business consumption. Great storytelling abilities. To present to and inspire non-experts about a series of complex topics.
- Stakeholder management: Able to build strong, lasting relationships across different geographic locations and varying cultures.
- Execution: get things done. Capacity to identify issues and to deal with them proactively and effectively in order to find consensus, achieve meaningful goals and make positive progress. strong organisational and time management skills
We believe better business creates a better world. That’s why we push ourselves to achieve the highest standards of sustainability and responsibility, and we are signatories to the UN Global Compact. It’s why we use our voice to make a difference, campaigning for positive change on the big issues of our time. We believe in better.
Throughout our supply chains, we have a shared understanding of human rights, environmental and governance principles, to drive the way we work with our suppliers.
Two key initiatives that we are committed to embed within our supply chain are;
SKY ZERO – We’re going net zero carbon by 2030. Because the world can’t wait!
To get there, we’ll cut the carbon emissions created by our business, by our suppliers across the world and by the use of our tech products, by at least 50%. Supplier carbon emissions make up 34% of our total value chain carbon footprint. We’ll support our 11,000 suppliers to act and use our voice, influence and partnerships to advocate for change.
SUPPLIER DIVERSITY – Sky have launched a £30m investment over the next 3 years to be focussed on improving representation and progression of minority groups at Sky as well as building a more inclusive culture and using our voice and platform to make a difference. As a Group Procurement team, we have the opportunity to positively influence who we spend our money with; so it is key we also incorporate D&I elements into our procurement processes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.