Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
A Network Security Engineer at Sky is so much more than a job title. As well as the day job, you will have the opportunity to work on bigger piece projects, approvals and design overviews. You’ll also be working with next generation firewalls, DoS and DDoS mitigation solutions, security reporting tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Perform troubleshooting on a wide range of devices
– Review changes and proposals from a security point of view
– Enforce policies protecting both the internet and clients from abuse
– Manage and fine tune security solutions
– Provide stats & reports for analysis
– Be a point of contact for suppliers and vendors
– Review security vulnerabilities and work with other teams to provide a fix
– Participate in on-call duties with the rest of the team
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Practical experience in routing, switching and firewalling
– Hands on experience in configuring and solving VPN solutions
– Experience in design review, change approval
– Worked with scalable solutions (example: HA) in an enterprise environment
– Some scripting knowledge in any of the common scripting languages (perl, shell, python, php, etc)
– Extensive knowledge of common application protocols
– Experience in solving network errors
– Good communication skills for both internal and external communications
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Brick Lane Office, Spitalfields, East End of London
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.