Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Our PMO team supports the people, projects and programmes that deliver Sky’s latest entertainment products including Sky Q. We’re looking to expand the capabilities and remit of what we do within Software Delivery. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, people focused PMO Manager to make a difference through this transformation and beyond” – Mike Smith, Head of Transformation
As the PMO Team Manager in Software Delivery, you’ll lead and transform the team that provides the project, operational and logistics support that underpins our capability to deliver products, features and services to Sky’s customers.
What you’ll do:
– Mentoring and encouraging your team to grow and maintain the strengths and behaviours required to operate efficiently and effectively against the background of a fast-paced software delivery environment – promoting empowerment, continuous improvement and “right first time”.
– Growing the skills and capabilities of the team to include delivery focussed PMO functions (project initiation, risk management, portfolio management, reporting etc) alongside the existing elements of the service catalogue, integrating the team more deeply into the overall approach for delivery management within the department.
– Supporting the team in developing and maintaining the processes and procedures that underpin the smooth running of the Software Delivery department, in line with our wider operating model, policies, and procedures.
– Working with Software Delivery Directors, Heads of Department, Programme, Project, and Delivery managers to ensure that the team can contribute in the most effective way to drive efficiency, reduce waste, and remove barriers to the successful delivery of projects.
– Acting as an ambassador for the team, driving effective working relationships with similar teams across the Product Hub, and with a wide range of other departments across Sky ensuring the timely delivery of mutual services and support.
– Growing the relationship with Sky’s Finance team, ensuring departmental CAPEX and OPEX budgets are governed, led, and reported efficiently across a wide portfolio of programmes, projects and delivery teams.
What you’ll bring:
– Outstanding interpersonal skills, with people focus in everything you do.
– Inspirational people management capabilities and a track record of managing and developing teams that attract and retain the best staff.
– Natural and confident communicator, comfortable working with colleagues at all levels of the organisation up to and including Senior Director level.
– Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, able to see both the details and the big picture, with a pragmatic and common-sense approach.
– Proven project management methods and techniques with real-world experience of delivering business change in operational environments.
– Sound understanding of the principles of financial management, with recent and relevant practical experience within a large organisation.
– Comfortable handling uncertainty with drive and prioritisation skills that will establish order and structure.
– A positive approach, willing to get stuck in and contribute together with the team!
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.