Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The purpose of the role is to manage the commercial relationships for distribution of Sky content by UK and ROI telco partners, ensuring wide distribution of Sky’s content to consumers, delivering a significant portion of Sky’s revenue and profits, and aligning our distribution principles to Sky’s broader pan-European B2B and B2C strategy
What you’ll do:
– Support for the Director of Channel Distribution on large partnerships and ownership of the commercial relationship with other partners
– Thinking and acting on different models of distribution, across NOW TV and wholesale channel distribution, and developing deep understanding of reciprocity considerations where partners also supply content to Sky (e.g. BT)
– Develop and execute commercial strategy for partners; negotiating and securing deal terms which maximise value to Sky and support sustainable relationships with our partners
– Maintain strong in-life relationships with partners, including co-ordination of changes during the deal lifecycle (e.g. new channels)
– Manage internal supporting teams, and ensure divisional support for execution, across finance, legal, Sky Media, product, proposition, technology, content and strategy
What you’ll bring:
– 5+ years experience in the media sector
– Demonstrable experience of commercial management (including negotiation and contracts, with portfolio of successful outcomes), strategy, account management, proposition or product, including at least 2 years in a senior position
– Excellent core skills: building relationships, influencing people, presenting (verbal and written), financial literacy, prioritisation and working under pressure
– 3+ years of line management
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.