Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“This role is a great opportunity to join us and work within our Sky Q Automation team. We hold more than 1,000 set top boxes over 3 countries that are tested automatically 24 hours over 7 days per week using our automation programs, tools and web apps. Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across Sky and Sky’s partners. Teamwork and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do” – Principal Automation Architect
What you’ll do:
– Develop excellent testable quality software with innovative solution
– Actively chip in on design and implementation of web applications/data services and to our tool’s backend
– Take a proactive role to support the existing web applications and look at ways to make them more reliable and scalable
– Innovate and introduce new technologies to the team
– Take an active role in story definition, sprint planning, development, code reviews, releases and regular showcases to partners.
– You will be working on applications used in continuous automating testing of sky current, and emerging products for several countries
What you’ll bring:
– Accessibility and responsive design
– Strong Design Patterns, Object-Oriented design, Model View controller
– Good Python skill
– Excellent MySQL skills
– Containers: Docker
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.