Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“As a routing and capacity analyst your role will be to work closely with the Field/Team Managers across the UK, acting on their feedback to continually improve how an engineer’s day is shaped and analyzing the impact of changes both on engineer location and routing perspective.” – Engagement Manager
What you’ll do:
- Analyse complex data sets and present them to a variety of Stakeholders in a simple format
- Create and manage reporting on a variety of performance KPI’s and identify and make recommendations on improvement opportunities
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis including mapping and travel reviews to support the operational teams.
- Work closely with the wider planning team and field management teams to review and facilitate the visualization of engineer’s locations, demand vs supply and impact of change requests to support business needs.
- Support creation, maintenance, testing , execution and impact analysis of routing strategies/plans to balance customer experience with business needs and at the same time optimise Engineer travel time whilst ensuring a balanced approach to both customer & employee experience
- Support on the maintenance of holiday and overtime trackers/apps for our engineers.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience in an analyst role
- Advanced excel skills (with VBA and SQL to be an advantage)
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency / fast paced
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to incorporate conversation at different levels and making complex data simple.
- Creativity and innovative thinking to come up with solutions and ways to improve processes and customer, engineer and business benefits
Customer Service Group
We enable our people to offer the best service in the country by creating epic experiences. Creating communication and learning experiences to support the most important customer and colleague moments across CSG. Most of all, we are an excitable bunch of creative people with specialist skills in five key areas; planning, idea generation, creative development, experiential and events.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Livingston or Dunfermline
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.