Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a DevSecOps consultant, you will be forward deployed with development teams where you will act as trusted advisor and coach. You will help them build secure applications by creating awareness of common software security issues and providing guidance to mitigate them. Sky’s DevSecOps engineering team is also building security tooling. You will guide development teams use these tools, so they have confidence in their software releases.
To succeed in this role, you need to be an advocate for software security but be willing to roll up your sleeves and deliver technical tasks. You should be motivated to quickly learn new technologies as our technology stack is diverse. And you should be able to adjust processes to suit the workflows of each team.
What you’ll do:
– Coach development teams on building secure applications. Participate in workshops to raise awareness of security vulnerabilities and mitigations available to teams. Help to address product security requirements by deploying homegrown and off-the-shelf tools.
– Coordinate with DevSecOps engineering and product management to ensure these tools are fit for purpose.
– Find opportunities and options for eradicating entire classes of vulnerabilities or weaknesses across teams. Drive improvements in teams that ultimately improve audit outcomes.
– Collaborate with multiple DevOps Teams to advocate software security practices and with Cloud Security and Security Architects in maintaining/extending Cloud Security patterns and use cases
– Collaborate with internal and external DevOps teams and where necessary provide guidance of adopting security by design and if vital, remediate identified vulnerabilities
– Support the development of software security operations for monitoring, testing, and where necessary conduct Cloud implementation audits
– Lead key software security services in-line with business requirements. Work with technical and non-technical business personnel at various levels, articulating security risks in a manner appropriate to the stakeholders
What you’ll bring:
– A formula for creating a positive security culture in development teams
– Experience applying techniques like SCA, SAST, DASP, RASP etc to software pipelines
– Good understanding of modern web frameworks and their security features and skills to design security into software products
– Hands-on experience with Continuous delivery systems like Jenkins and Circle-CI and experience with public cloud and infrastructure as code – Terraform
– Experience leading workshops for developers
– Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and ASVS standards
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams – uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we’re protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that’s kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.