Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our team develops and operates Sky’s Broadcast infrastructure and content delivery systems across DTH, On Demand and OTT delivery platforms. The successful candidate will work with a team of highly skilled Developers, Test and Reliability engineers, collectively ensuring that the right content arrives at the right destination at the right time.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for contributing to and helping shape the technical direction of the department, while delivering on it day-to-day in a delivery team.
- Act as mentor within the team that can offer advice and guidance around design, architectural decisions, and code quality.
- Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice.
- Design, develop, test, and support new micro-service applications.
- Ability to understand when tech debt or refactoring tasks should be undertaken vs delivering project-based business value against tight deadlines.
What you’ll bring:
- Extensive system development knowledge with .Net (C#), SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) and NoSQL (e.g. Couchbase, MongoDB)
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practice and software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum, design patterns, SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, Object Oriented design and implementation, APIs (REST etc.)
- Extensive system development knowledge of automated continuous delivery and deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Octopus deploy, Team City, Docker, Kubernetes etc), and automated testing (Python + pytest, Groovy, Spock, OWASP, Gatling).
- Experience of working with Message Queuing (e.g. ActiveMQ).
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
Team Overview – Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.