Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The Group Product Design team at Sky spends every day creating forward-thinking customer products and services across the Group Product portfolio. As well as redefining the OTT experience across Europe, evolving the Sky Q set-top box interface, and continuing to develop our market-leading digital News and Sports products, we have bold and revolutionizing plans for the future. A team of forward-thinking design specialists working across multiple channels – we’re shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s products and services.” – Alan Abbott, Executive Creative Director
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into logical, coherent solutions that centre around our customers needs
- Execute UX Design work that adheres to standard methodology UCD and brand standards across Sky’s digital estate
- Support the Senior UX Designer to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX and technology trends.
- Work with our content editors and commercial teams to ensure our business obligations are met whilst never compromising on the user experience.
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design
- Collaborate with design and development teams to build new experiences and evolve patterns
- Work with partners at product owner, and senior manager level
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with a specific focus on UX Design, or a Bachelors degree in a relevant design field
- Good communication and social skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organization
- Solid experience of UCD design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis & benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Thorough understanding of UCD, human interface guidelines and standards as they apply to various platforms and devices
- Experience conducting usability testing; demonstrating an ability to plan, conduct and analyse your own studies using in-person, remote or online methods
- Experience interpreting qualitative user research and quantitative analytics metrics to aid insight and data driven design
- Good understanding of the latest tools and software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative suite and Userzoom
- Not essential but preferred. Experience in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes ambitious business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.