Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“The UX copywriting team carefully scrutinise and contemplate each and every word our customers interact with on their TV screens and devices across the Group Product portfolio – and then we craft new solutions to make those products and services even better for them. From redefining the OTT experience across Europe, to evolving the award-winning Sky Q set-top box interface and working on Sky’s exciting future plans, we place the customer experience at the heart of every copy decision we make.” – Claire Field, Head of UX Copy
What you’ll do:
- Support the Head of UX Copy in crafting the day-to-day delivery for both Sky and NOW TV products, ensuring work is in line with wider product and brand strategies and that customer experiences are consistent across TV, apps and web
- Demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, tackle problems creatively and craft these into simple, clear and meaningful copy solutions that centre around customer needs
- Maintain an efficient copy delivery process through regular clear communication with delivery teams, consistently delivering to schedule, and by keeping the digital lexicon up to date
- Champion the importance and value of UX copy practices with partners across the business
- Work closely with partner groups inside Group Product’s delivery function, especially with designers, product owners and researchers, to constantly evolve or create new customer experiences
- Participate in customer testing and apply research findings to make insight-driven copy decisions
- Work with our content editors and commercial teams to ensure our business obligations are met whilst never compromising on the user experience
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate and chip in to our forward-looking UX writing approach in line with wider design and technology trends
- Play a key role in chipping in to the design culture of the Sky Design team
What you’ll bring:
- A few years’ experience in writing and refining content for a consumer-facing digital product, service, website or app as a UX writer, content strategist or similar
- Excellent written and creativity skills – you need to believe in the power of words, know their rules, but also know when you should break them
- Strong communication skills to clearly convey copy decisions to different delivery skillsets within the organisation
- A keen eye for maintaining consistency of Sky and NOW TV’s brand guidelines, design principles, copy templates and assets
- An understanding of how to adapt tone of voice for different customer journeys in line with brand guidelines
- Strong attention-to-detail to devise clear and consistent customer experiences
- The ability to work on multiple projects at a time – you’ll be a proactive teammate who can meet tight delivery deadlines
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.