Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine!
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be joining the Cloud Centre of Excellence and joining a high performing Specialist team. You should have a deep knowledge of private, public and hybrid cloud models. You will have an excellent understanding of the offerings within GCP and AWS, and possible Microsoft Azure. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be confident when it comes to the engineering and delivery of the AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure, ideally on a global scale. You will have a very strong infrastructure background and will be comfortable with an ‘infrastructure as code’ philosophy. You will have a hands-on approach and be able to work from high level architecture to detailed design and administrative tasks as required.
What you will do
– Work to deliver Infrastructure automation on our AWS, Azure, and GCP public cloud platforms
– Help build out sophisticated network automation for our AWS, Azure, and GCP environments
– Use automation to programmatically deliver compliance, governance, and security solutions across our public cloud estate
– Help to deliver automated solutions for cloud cost reporting, cost control, and efficiency optimisation
– Help set the technical direction of Sky’s public cloud platforms and evaluate new emerging technologies, services, and tools to support innovative use cases
– Provide advice and consultancy to Sky’s business units and help them develop, deploy and deliver complex solutions using public cloud
What you will bring:
– A curious mind with a passion for understanding how things work and how they can be made to work better alongside excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Experience of designing and implementing solutions on one or more of AWS, Azure, and GCP
– Experience in one or more high-level programming languages
– Experience of working with infrastructure automation technologies such as Terraform
– Demonstrable understanding and experience of agile approaches such as Kanban, pair programming, scrum etc.
– Experience of working with version control (Git), code pipelines, CI/CD
– There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.