Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a pivotal yet exciting role within the Tax function, offering plenty of variety in terms of advisory and project work, as well as the opportunity to lead and shape the on-going improvements we are making to our Indirect Tax reporting and compliance processes.
What you’ll do:
- Provide indirect tax advice and leadership for Group-wide projects and initiatives and raise awareness of Indirect Tax across the business
- Lead ad-hoc projects with internal and external stakeholders on various tax projects
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement – increasing automation and simplification of tax processes
- Provide leadership and training to Finance teams and ensuring all systems implementation/changes are compliant from a tax perspective
- Design and implement the tax technology strategy, to ensure it meets the ever-changing tax requirements in each of the territories in which Sky operates
- Manage and review indirect tax compliance and reporting across multiple territories
- Lead a team delivering UK and Irish Corporate Tax and Employment Tax compliance
- Improve assurance of Tax reporting outputs through insightful reconciliation to underlying business activity by reference to quarterly P&L and Working Capital movements
- Ensure that any SAO/SOX relevant controls are operated in a rigorous and timely manner and that relevant elements of the Group tax audit plan are effectively executed and evidenced
What you’ll bring:
- Strong indirect tax advisory and compliance experience (Customs experience a bonus)
- Experience of leading a team
- Tax compliance experience at a large business particularly where outputs are produced within a shared service centre environment
- An awareness of understanding of corporate tax and employment tax
- Ability to work on own initiative and to drive continuous improvement across the business areas that impact tax outputs
- AAT or ATT or other recognised chartered accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Excellent time-management skills and reliability under pressure
- High-level attention to detail, good judgement and commitment to an open and transparent way of working
In our drive to be the best at what we do, we want to run a world-class service that is ready for new challenges. Recently awarded Tolley’s Best In-House Tax Department in 2020 our Tax Team is no different. We aim to deliver a best in class tax service to Sky’s various businesses. The tax team is made up of around thirty tax professionals based in the UK (both in London and Scotland), Germany and Italy. This vacancy is based in the Livingston tax team.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.