Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine
As a Data Engineer within the Network Data Science & Software department, part of Sky’s Engineering division, takes a data-driven approach towards meeting network planning and quality goals. Our networks are at the heart of delivering our entertainment services and as such using a data driven approach to ensure that all of our networks are always up and highly performant is our raison d’être.
What you’ll do:
– Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture focussed upon network data, including real-time and batch data sources.
– Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
– Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
– Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Cloud ‘big data’ technologies.
– Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centres and regions.
– Create data tools for data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing into an innovative industry leader.
What you’ll bring:
– Graduate degree BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar. Strong communications skills.
– SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases. Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
– Proficient Python programmer.
– Ideally an awareness of network technologies and concepts or an insatiable desire to learn.
– Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
– Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Kafka), data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow) and GCP cloud services (e.g. Pub/Sub, Dataflow).
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It’s part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so, we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.