Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you’ll do:
– Work with Scotland Correspondent James Matthews and our camera operators
– plan coverage, produce in the field for Sky’s TV and digital platforms
– put forward story ideas and helping to deliver them
– help the Correspondent to ensure we have all the angles covered in Scotland
– work directly with James, but sometimes separately.
– working to the Home News Desk, as well as the Correspondent
What you’ll bring:
– a track record in journalism and examples of successful journalistic enterprise.
– strong knowledge of Scottish affairs
– a substantial network of contacts in Scotland
– ability to be based and work in Scotland, ideally be in the central belt for logistical reasons.
– a good understanding of both digital and TV media or a demonstrable aptitude to learn it
– preferably experience of filming sequences for digital or TV media on small cameras or smartphones
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.