Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We operate in an industry in which regulation and public policy has the potential to materially influence business outcomes and investment decisions. In an ever-changing landscape, we are looking for a dynamic and ambitious individual who understands this domain and has the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively.
What you’ll do:
– Actively identify and monitor legislative and regulatory activities and share key findings and their potential impact on Sky Ireland as necessary
– Establish and maintain strong relationships with the relevant regulatory bodies including Comreg & the BAI/Media Commission, relevant Government committees and other relevant regulatory influencers
– Work with relevant teams within Sky to advise on key regulatory product and pricing initiatives
– Review relevant regulatory decisions and legislation in order to prepare consultation responses and respond to requests for information
– Represent Sky at industry groups like ALTO, IBEC and ECTA
– Develop public policy positions and issues management based on high-quality thinking and responsiveness to business needs
– Write high-quality written submissions to government departments, Dáil committees and other bodies on key policy issues
What you’ll bring:
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, changeable environment
– Strong knowledge of the Irish Telecoms and/or Broadcasting regulatory environment and experience of dealing directly with regulatory authorities and/or government departments, including making submissions, responding to queries etc
– Proactive and highly motivated; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Strong organisation skills – ability to prioritise and deal with multiple issues at the one time
– Resilient. Remains positive under pressure and recovers from setbacks quickly
– Enthused and motivated by delivering solutions that have a direct impact on business performance
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our striking Ireland HQ has an A-list location on Burlington Road, walking distance from central Dublin. Grand Canal Dock and Pearse train stations are both around 1.5km away, and we’re a short stroll from the buses of Baggot Street, Leeson Street and Waterloo Road.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.