Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Site Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline that combines software, infrastructure and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Our engineers are responsible for ensuring our services are resilient, responsive and have service uptime appropriate to our customers’ needs while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. In addition, we continually strive to improve our services in a fast-paced environment.
We build our own creative engineering solutions to operational problems. We consider the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, using a breadth of tools and approaches to solving a wide spectrum of problems. In our day-to-day work, we use automation to limit time spent on operational work and we proactively identify potential risk factors and convert them into actionable improvements.
What you’ll do:
– Design, create, deliver and maintain infrastructure and services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal services
– Further a large suite of large-scale observability platforms scaling exponentially in capacity as the team scales linearly
– Promote SRE good practices to help us grow in a sustainable way whilst contributing to the stability and security of the environment
– Be part of a team that contributes and creates new designs and architectures for large-scale distributed systems, spotting simplifications and promoting elegance
– Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
– Working with CI/CD solutions to enable automation of infrastructure at scale (pipeline design, testing and best practices)
What you’ll bring:
– Software engineering basics (Python, Bash, Go, testing, simple data structures, big O notation)
– Cloud Platform administration (particularly AWS & GCP)
– Databases (CAP Theorem, HA/Clustering, Optimisation)
– Strong experience using infrastructure as code, immutable infrastructure and CI/CD configuration tools such as Terraform and Ansible to achieve end-to-end automation
– Experience working with Monitoring and logging systems, particularly Kibana, Elastic search, Prometheus and Grafana
– Strong Linux System administration
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.