Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our SRE Team!
We operate reliability across personalisation and big data services for Sky clients and devices across the world. Being a global capability brings us big challenges, and everything we do, we do at a large scale. To allow us to operate at such a large scale, automation is at the heart of everything we do. We deliver a platform and CI/CD solutions to allow developers to build and deploy safely for systems which support millions of concurrent customers.
What you’ll do:
– Building our global platforms across multiple clouds and multiple regions to support development teams working on our personalisation, machine learning and big data services
– Enhancing and supporting a build framework for continuous deployment and platform automation
– Developing testing for our automation to ensure we can rebuild and change things safely and autonomously
– Working with development teams to diagnose performance, reliability and security issues in applications and system design
– Working with our technical suppliers to ensure our systems are following best practices and taking advantage of new technologies
What you’ll bring:
– Strong experience using infrastructure as code and working with immutable infrastructure and configuration tools such as Terraform and Ansible to achieve end-to-end automation.
– Experience working with CI/CD solutions to enable automation of infrastructure at scale (pipeline design, testing and best practices using Jenkins/Concourse/GoCD/Gitlab)
– Programming and scripting including testing (Go/Python and BASH)
– Experience working with GCP big data services including BigQuery, PubSub and Dataflow
– Cloud Platforms (designing infrastructure deployment patterns within AWS/GCP and using managed services, such as big data tooling effectively)
– Containerisation (docker/containerd) and mesh networking (e.g., Kubernetes and Istio)
– Experience working with Monitoring and logging systems, particularly Prometheus, Grafana and GCP Stackdriver
– Strong Linux System administration
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.