Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Join a talented team of Agile SRE and test automation engineers who will be responsible for the E2E infrastructure, support and deployment of code into Lab/Production environments. Highly uptime SLA oriented team and process driven. SRE team is expanding along with knowledge pool and converging on a single entity to support mobile/broadband for different geography.
What you’ll do:
– Design, Develop, document, and implement a PaaS solution to onboard and integrate vendor provided or requested applications with Sky’s telecommunications infrastructure.
– As a SRE engineer, be responsible for the engineering and support of production environments, including automation of patches, upgrades, reliability and performance improvements
– Take part in an on-call rota to action symptoms before they become outages and Automate dashboards and reporting for the platform against SLOs, SLAs and KPIs.
– Develop assurance, monitoring, and management capabilities for PaaS infrastructure using Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK stack. Monitor and manage Linux VMs, Containers and applications.
– Manage the operational playbook for the PaaS infrastructure, the services running within it and creation automated reports for various services and PaaS infrastructure.
– Support and lifecycle management of various applications and services, including patching, upgrades, updates and troubleshooting.
What you’ll bring:
– Experience building and managing Kafka, Zookeeper, Couchbase, PostgreSQL and Consul clusters.
– Linux system administration & configuration management, primarily with CentOS and Ubuntu.
– Experience working with Git and performing code reviews.
– Experience of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab / Jenkins)
– Experience with automation/orchestration with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It’s part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.