Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
A Security Consultant in the OTT Security team is both passionate about security and can foster that passion in the team. This role is an outward facing technical role in an internal consultancy, with a scope that involves agile development, architecture and design, and direct delivery. Our goal is embedding appropriate security/DevSecOps practices in all we do within OTT. Your work will help ensure our streaming and video on demand platforms, globally, remain secure.
You’ll be passionate and knowledgeable about security, possibly with a focus in cloud or appsec, or just in the field in general. You may not have strictly worked in infosec before – that’s ok, we think diverse backgrounds and skills strengthen a security practice such as ours. As part of a team of security consultants you will be given substantial freedom to solve problems and design solutions that meet OTT’s diverse security requirements, working with our in-house security engineering team as well as engineering teams and SREs across the tech stack. Your remit will be to review and improve security maturity within your dedicated areas of OTT. As part of an embedded team, you will work closely with other security functions within Sky Group, and you will be continually growing and learning new things!
What you’ll do
– Deliver security assessments and consultancy within focus areas across microservice, application and cloud security
– Drive improvement and foster security maturity in a massively scaled continuous delivery environment
– Provide security guidance and analysis on a planned and ad-hoc basis within your focus areas
– Review platform architecture and threat models with myriad SRE and development teams
– Assist with assessing, designing and implementing new security tooling or solutions
– Develop into a security lead in one or more areas of practice as part of our Centre of Excellence function
What you’ll bring
– A passion for security and a willingness to learn
– Ability to engage and foster relationships with technical and nontechnical stakeholders
– Demonstrable experience on engagements in consultancy, projects, or operations
– Broad knowledge of information security and cloud, ideally with a focus in one or more specialist areas
– Coding /scripting/making experience, security certifications and formal education are all excellent feathers in your cap, but not required
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment. As an embedded security team, OTT Security champions security excellence locally and drives security innovation group wide.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.