Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The DTA Platform Engineering and Operations team is responsible for the support, security and deployment of all aspects of DTA’s GCP tenancy. As part of our ongoing strategy we require a Platform DevOps Engineer to join our Core Operations team to supervise and implement cost optimisations. This role will also help define and craft the three phases of FinOps within DTA: Inform, Optimise and Operate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Be the first point of contact within DTA for any cost optimisation changes required on the GCP platform, be as confident at the command line making low level changes as you are at presenting results to the DTA executive team.
– Be able to transform low level detail into exec level presentation packs
– Have the technical ability to make changes independently of other DTA teams
– Identify and facilitate opportunities to optimise, reduce cost and build plans to realise the savings with our partners within Sky
– Define and measure critical metrics to help us understand our cloud usage and cost
– Work with current squads and engineering teams to advise on cost, capacity and forecasting through development, test and production
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Have a good working understanding of Ansible & terraform
– Automate templating of Virtual Machines, Storage and DataSets in a Google Cloud environment
– Automate applying storage lifecycle policy’s across storage and BigQuery
– An understanding of Cloud and the Infrastructure as Code Framework
– A keen eye for detail with excellent problem-solving skills
– Knowledge of Capacity Management and Performance monitoring principles
– Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
– Contribute to a DevOps culture of collaboration, communication and automation
UK Tech:Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. FromAI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
LIVINGSTON WATERMARK HOUSE:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.