We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are leading the way in many areas of data, from delivering business critical reporting, to providing an essential analytics platform to an elite team of data scientists and analysts. Our solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content and a whole lot more. Delivering innovative solutions for new products and initiatives is what we do, every single day. We are the team responsible for bringing together thousands of data feeds from hundreds of systems, into our state-of-the-art cloud platform” – SNR Data Engineering Manager – Michelle Rhodie
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
– Collaborate with our many stakeholders and business areas to understand the business issues and data challenges, thereafter developing requirements, specifications and recommendations related to a proposed solution
– Design of Data Models and ETL pipelines to meet the business requirements in the most efficient manner
– Work effectively across the DTA team to playback the business challenges and proposed changes, to ensure we collectively have full understanding of the impact and retain a close relationship throughout, to ensure that the requirements are met
– Contribute towards defining analysis best practice and standards and ensuring consistency of delivery across the team
– Mentoring and coaching other members of the team, acting as a role model
– Supporting & deputising with line Manager where necessary
– Comprehensive Cloud migration experience
– Proven experience of delivery of analysis across large scale data warehousing projects applying principles in terms of dimensional modelling and ETL pipeline design
– Experience of translating diffuse and complex business requirements into user stories covering functional, non-functional, security and acceptance criteria
– Excellent SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
– Experience in cloud based ETL environments, preferably Google Cloud Platform.
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
– Effective management of multiple priorities and conflicting requests
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about