Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re recruiting for a highly motivated Data Designer to join our technology team at Sky.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Product Owners, Solution Designers, Scrum Analysts and Business Analysts to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
- Designing data driven solutions to support the operation of Sky’s commercial platform from sales through to fulfilment
- Work with our engineering teams to translate those meaningful rules into systems logic
- Co-ordinate between multiple businesses using shared platforms to create one fit for purpose solution
- Work as part of an Agile team that delivers to tight deadlines whilst not compromising on quality
- Contributing to continually improving the way we work by being a positive; self-motivated and engaged member of the team
What you’ll bring:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into data solutions
- Evidence of high degree of independent judgment for decision making and problem solving
- Experience working in reference data design or solution design role in a fast paced customer focused organization
- Ability to communicate functional solutions to the data development code development teams plus ongoing support of the developers as needed
- Good understanding of relational and no SQL databases
- Strong working knowledge in SQL, Java EE and JSON
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic environment with many often conflicting demands
- Working proficiency in development toolsets – Git, Docker, Maven, Jira, Intellij, Jenkins
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.