Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
In Finance Operations, you will be part of the financial heart of Sky, working to ensure the team continues to be recognised as a World Class finance team. You’ll be key to driving our change agenda to ensure we deliver for our business partners, freeing them to focus on delivery for our Customers.
What you’ll do:
- Manage commercial customers sales ledger accounts ensuring that data is accurate and up to date
- Assist in customer disputes through to resolution by liaising and supporting commercial business areas with necessary information and actions
- Liaise with customers to minimise business risk exposure to ensure customer contractual payment terms are adhered to
- Confirm accurate payment dates to enable accurate cash forecasting
- Where appropriate, ensure month end procedures are completed accurately and to agreed business timetable
- Ensure that all necessary compliance and SOX controls are adhered
- Carry out accurate reconciliations, as and when required
- Set and manage ‘bad debt provision plans’ to ensure timely resolution
What you’ll bring:
- Good organisation, prioritisation and planning skills
- Understanding of Accounts Receivable bookkeeping.
- Excel core competence skills essential.
- Experience of working in large fast paced organisation’s Finance Shared Services Centre
- Experience of challenging and improving current processes through continuous improvement
The Finance Delivery team in Livingston is 274 people strong and is the financial heart of Sky.
The department is split across 4 key teams; UK&I ART (Actual Reporting Team), UK&I Finance Operations, Italy Finance and Germany Finance.
By joining the Finance Delivery team, you are embarking on a career path that can take you to finance leadership, business partnering or even into commercial roles.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.