Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a member of the financial reporting team within Group Finance, you’ll help drive production of the group’s consolidated financial results and help drive standardisation across the territories, through work with finance teams across the business to analyse and automate where possible our financial processes.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting with the production of the group monthly consolidated result
- Preparing reporting for internal audiences and for our US parent company
- Communicating regularly with local finance teams to deal with any queries and ensure that results can be produced accurately and on time
- Working with finance teams to integrate new business areas into our standard reporting and accounting processes
- Compliance with internal governance and controls, ensuring key controls are operating effectively
- Maintaining the integrity of the group consolidation process through standardisation of processes by the territories on group reporting
- Analysing opportunities to automate process via SAP BI reporting, Cognos Controller or TM1
- Accounting advice and due diligence on corporate transactions and commercial deals, including acquisitions/disposals/investments, new products and services
What you’ll bring:
- You will be a qualified finance professional, and will likely have experience of financial accounting and reporting from working in a group financial reporting environment and/or from corporate audit
- Looking for better ways of doing things and proactively taking ownership to see things through
- An ability to work independently within a highly controlled and process-driven environment
- Efficient and accurate delivery of reporting for a variety of stakeholders
- Preparation of accounting analysis and insight
- Building great relationships with colleagues across the group’s businesses and territories
The Group Financial Reporting team is responsible for producing the consolidated financial results of the Sky group and for the reporting of financials to our US parent company, Comcast. The team also advises on financial accounting matters and the control environment underpinning the production of financial results. The department is currently engaged in projects covering group standardisation of processes, automation of reporting and ERP data cleansing, which you will also be involved in.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.