Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Working closely with our business stakeholders, this is a technical role within the business intelligence function of the Sky Business Communications division in support of driving all aspects of the Sky B2B subscription business.” Don MacLennan, Business Intelligence Manager
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Sky Business Communications’ analytical and reporting capability and contribute fully to the ongoing development of that capability
- Combine internal data and analysis with external data sources to produce actionable business insights
- Presenting information through reports and visualisation, including maintaining and developing reports and dashboards within our BusinessObjects platform
- Build and execute database queries and conduct ad-hoc analysis upon request
- Scope requirements of new reports and changes to existing reports with business partners across the Sky Business Communications division
- Debug, monitor and troubleshoot our business intelligence solutions
- Ensure an auditable basis to business reporting and undertake regular review of data integrity issues as they may arise
- Be a champion for insightful and smart use of data and analysis for decision-making
What you’ll bring:
- Analytical mind within a problem-solving attitude
- Intuitive understanding of information and work flows within an organisation
- Familiarity with salesforce CRM and at least one business intelligence tool, preferably BusinessObjects, would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided
- Strong aptitude for writing relational and multi-dimensional database queries using SQL; working knowledge of PostgreSQL would also be an asset
- Exposure to data warehousing and ETL solutions across multiple data sources
- Experience of using Microsoft Office suite including Access and data manipulation techniques within Excel e.g. v-lookup and pivot tables
- Prior experience or working understanding of code and script (Python, Perl, Ruby, and/or Bash) would be advantageous
Sky Business Communications
Sky Business Communications is a new, exciting division of Sky – we’ve joined with our American-based parent company, Comcast, to undertake an ambitious venture in the UK market. We want to establish Sky, as the trusted brand you know, now delivering the innovative products and services designed for businesses. We’re looking for exceptional and innovative people, who are eager to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, to join us on our unique journey of building a new business, with the backing of a hugely successful brand.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.