Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Join the Finance Platform application support team, responsible for the operation and support of several business critical applications and services from Risk & Fraud to Banking, Commissions & Incentives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Pro-actively monitor all the systems to ensure optimum availability and performance.
– Support and maintain systems as diverse as Risk and Fraud Management, Banking and Sales Incentives in a dynamic environment.
– Use your in-depth knowledge of Databases, SQL and servers to drive continuous improvement.
– Develop new functionality where there is a business requirement to enhance the platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Detailed understanding of Databases, SQL, Servers and Operating Systems (Unix/Linux, Solaris & Windows)
– In depth technical knowledge including understanding of application architecture principles
– Understanding of IT service management processes, e.g. ITIL
– Hands on experience of implementing application monitoring and alerting
– Excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills
– Curious and inquisitive by nature, with an attention to detail
– Superb communication skills, patient and good at listening
– Enabling progress through continuous improvement and innovation
– Able to take ownership of a problem and see it through to conclusion
– Able to operate in a fast paced environment
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
LIVINGSTON WATERMARK HOUSE:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.