Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Content, the Head of Directors is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of all directors and director assistants across Sky Sports, Sky Sports News & Sky Sports Racing. You will look to take the output forward, innovate and assist your department to deliver world class programming via outside broadcasts, traditional galleries, remote productions and new technical workflows. Working closely with the Sky Creative Agency you will look to take the creative output forward making sure Sky Sports are the at the very cutting edge of on-screen design and innovation, whilst aligning with the wider Sky brand.
What you’ll do:
– Lead and manage the Directors and Directors assistant department.
– Work with the Team Leads, manage team members, specifically dealing with performance management and regular feedback, development plans, staff administration (holidays, rotas, ER records) and setting objectives
– Assist the Exec Director of Content in management of budgets and financial planning.
– Present regular performance & creative updates to the Exec Director of Content.
– Guide the look and feel of the output across all Sky Sports, Sky Sports News & Sky Sports Racing channels
– Work closely with the Directors of Content to ensure each strand is supported creatively, and deliver the annual creative priorities.
– Oversee all studio set design, broadcast graphics and on-screen wardrobe, and manage annual creative budget.
What you’ll bring:
– A proven track record of managing and motivating large cross-functional teams in sports production environments
– Experience of cultivating and managing senior relationships
– Experience of world-class sports productions across a variety of platforms, both TV and Digital
– Astute financial management underpinned by clear decision-making
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.