Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team of Support Engineers who ensure business critical applications are available in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Our technology platform allows Field Engineers to install products and services in customer homes such as Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Broadband. As a Support Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining our instance of Oracle Field Service (Cloud). This system is used to schedule customer appointments and efficiently route Field Engineers to jobs.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Home Service and Supply production platform and deliver key SLA’s by resolving incidents as well as investigating and resolving root causes.
- Identify and document missing processes and procedures while contributing to their continuous improvement and deliver enhancements with day to day support tasks.
- Build effective relationships across technical and business teams to deliver first class platform performance and service to our stakeholders.
- Liaise with our vendor (Oracle) to ensure the delivery of new functionality and fixes, via Service Upgrades, meet specifications and are deployed successfully.
- Review, test and support quarterly releases.
- Use the Oracle idea’s Lab to make suggestions which would incorporate improvements or additional functionality into the Oracle Field Service product
What you’ll bring:
To be suitable for this position, you must have:
- Experience working in an Oracle Field Service support role.
- Experience using the Oracle Field Service support portals.
- Experience of implementing application alerting and using monitoring tools such as Kibana.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to take ownership of work, prioritise effectively and deliver to a high level of detail while always looking to add value to each task.
It would be advantageous to have previous experience using Oracle Field Service for:
- Completing user interface development on both forms and screen layout, and developing workflows using message scenarios to address business requirements.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.