Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW TV, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
Our team also develops technology for the broader Sky Group and Comcast, our parent company, supporting multi-propositional applications across the United States and Europe, such as NBCU’s Peacock in the US, Sky Spain and Sky X in Austria. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
“The role relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across NOW TV and partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do. We’re looking forward to welcoming more talented Testers into our E2E test team”– Delivery Manager
What you’ll do:
- Be part of an agile tech delivery team, working closely with software developers and other QA engineers to deliver the highest quality products in a timely manner
- Promote testing at all sets of the development cycle; review test plans and test cases with the delivery scrum teams, and be able to use your own expertise and initiative to add value to the current test pack for testing the applications to the core, from an end-to-end perspective
- Understand the proposition and use your expertise in coming up with ‘out of the box’ test scenarios
- Be able to repeat the E2E test packs manually across the whole suite of devices in scope
- Participate in daily scrum calls with other delivery teams to support issues’ triage process and understand prioritization of work assignments
- Manage the creation, updates and status of issues detected during the E2E test execution phase
- Manage the retest, updates and status of issues reported by the E2E team
- Report E2E test execution status to test managers, project managers and release managers to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved for both distribution for owner verification and final code deployment/submission, covering both E2E & UAT testing from a customer’s perspective where necessary
- At least 4 years of manual testing experience across web, mobile, consoles and connected TVs
- Awareness of mobile technology, devices and applications, as well as streaming technology, AV codecs and DRMs
- Experience using a test management tool: ideally TestRail; JIRA and Charles Proxy for capturing logs on devices would be advantageous
- Outstanding communication skills to a technical level and excellent troubleshooting skills to discover the root cause of complex issues
- Supporting skills: configuration management and CI tools, with a strong focus on demanding and providing clarity
- Knowledge of client application architectures and patterns
- The ability to find ways to improve and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- A willingness to work collaboratively, mentoring and supporting junior testers in the team
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- NOW TV premium subscription
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. We’re currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you’ll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you’ll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyacross social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw theoffer.