We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We’re looking for a Quality driven individual to join our DevOps team to help drive the testing strategy as we start to migrate our applications to a cloud Kubernetes based platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to explore testing within DevOps and learn more about the infrastructure that underpins our Core business platforms. – Yusuf Bana, QA Lead
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram!
- Evaluate ways to improve the Quality aspect of our infrastructure
- Work closely with the DevOps engineers to implement an automation strategy
- Define and create new automation test scripts to validate platform changes
- Advocate the need for system security, performance, and resiliency
- Have an appreciation for technologies and techniques used in the support of applications, including logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Collaborate with the Engineers on the team to introduce Chaos Testing methods
- Attend, contribute and where appropriate, deputise within Agile ceremonies
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of testing
- Experience working with Cloud technologies (Google Cloud)
- Strong knowledge in DevOps methodology – GCP, CI/CD, Automation
- Source Control/Configuration management (GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Jenkins, CircleCI, Octopus
- Experience with Docker containers
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana and Alert Manager
- Design and development experience of test automation frameworks
- Experience with Python, Bash and Linux commands
- Knowhow of the key values and principles of Agile, including purpose of ceremonies and Agile estimating and planning
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about