Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“In the newly shaped architecture team we are looking for commercially and technically minded individuals to own the business architecture mission which aims to deliver high quality data solutions for the business. The business architect will lead the responsibility in translating the business needs into clear, value driven business and data requirements to be signed off by the business and then turned into user stories for our engineering teams. This is a great opportunity to build key relationships and engage with business partners to join dots across the business to enable the engineering teams to deliver forward-thinking solutions that transform the way business leaders are able measure, make decisions and grow their business areas.” – Bahzad Ali, Head of Enterprise Architecture
What you’ll do:
– Be restless in the pursuit of phenomenal data products and their continuous evolution
– Elicit and clearly document functional business requirements and rank according to MoSCoW model.
– Elicits and clearly documented non-functional requirements to deliver against business needs. Ensures technical team requirements are considered during business conversations. E.g. data mapping, latency needs
– Help to align business roadmaps against technical roadmaps (Architecture, Engineering, OPs)
– Work with the product owner / Portfolio Lead to prioritise and refine the backlog – be a point of contact for the squads and partners throughout the delivery lifecycle.
– Be relentlessly focused on delivering DTA KPIs
– Be confident working in an agile environment and be a champion for increased agility
What you’ll bring:
– A consistent track record of partner management, evidencing the ability to effectively communicate important messages and build a greater understanding of the business’s needs.
– Candidates are expected to have strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience running requirements elicitation workshops and running demos and signoffs
– Analytical and logical approach to translate business needs into business requirements to be signed off by the business and agile user stories that are easily understood by delivery teams
– Commercially savvy to ensure the highest customer and commercial impact achieved
– Demonstrable experience of working on an end to end process from ideation to production, into BAU, in a matrixed environment.
– Experience challenging requirements using influencing and negotiating skills whilst demonstrating a data driven understanding to solutions
– Have an entrepreneurial spirit. Passion, commitment to navigate challenging and often complex situations. Experience working for a start-up or in a start-up environment or has led an innovative initiative by themselves without needing assistance
– Experience of working with a wide range of data sets (customer, sales, interactions, campaigns, upgrades/downgrades, churn etc), with the ability to trace data lineage
– Ability to understand, explain and simplify sophisticated business processes
– Demonstrated experience working with technical teams to collaborate on High Level Designs
Data, Tech & Analytics: Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyon social media.A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.