Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team of Support Engineers who ensure business critical applications are available in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Our technology platform allows field engineers to install products and services in customer homes, such as Sky+, Sky Q, Sky Broadband, as well as providing support for other services including Sky Mobile, Buy and Keep DVD’s and Now TV. As an Application Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for supporting and maintaining applications and services, some of which will be cloud based.
What you’ll do:
- Support a wide variety of applications, including iPad apps, Stock Management and Workforce Management Applications including numerous Java services.
- Support the Home Service and Supply production platform and deliver to key SLA’s by resolving incidents as well as investigating and resolving root cause. This will include being part of out of hours on call support rota.
- Identifying and documenting missing processes and procedures while contributing to their continuous improvement and deliver enhancements with day to day support tasks.
- Support and analyse operational reports to understand platform performance and deliver improvements.
- Build effective relationships across technical and business teams to deliver first class platform performance and service to our stakeholders.
- Liaise with 3rd party software providers to ensure delivery of new functionality and fixes meet specifications and are deployed successfully.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working in an IT support role.
- Experience of implementing application alerting and using monitoring tools such as Kibana.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to take ownership of work, prioritise effectively and deliver to a high level of detail while always looking to add value to each task.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.