Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW TV, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
Our team also develops technology for the broader Sky Group and Comcast, our parent company, supporting multi-propositional applications across the United States and Europe, such as NBCU’s Peacock in the US, Sky Spain and Sky X in Austria. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
“We’re currently looking for passionate and agile Python application developers with a proven track record on developing backend software. You’ll join the Sales & Service department supporting the sales of NOW TV for Sky and Peacock for NBCU. You’ll be working on the core components supporting product, pricing and offer management” – Delivery Manager
What you’ll do:
- Deliver production-ready tested Python software as part of a mostly Java stack of components (additional training on Java/Spring applications as part of your usual development activities is available)
- Work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product (including first line support)
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases and retrospectives
- Collaborate with the product owner to write user stories, providing information such as cost (estimates) and technical risk
- Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied
- Proven delivery experience of large-scale, Python-based backend projects
- Experience with high volume, high availability systems (backend focus) and understanding principles of Micro Services Architecture
- Experience with testing tools and mock frameworks
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools,e.g. Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Grafana
- Pair programming and test/behaviour-driven development experience
- Understanding of complex data structures (e.g. graphs) and efficient Python implementations, being comfortable in Unix/Linux/OS X environments
- A background in continuous integration and delivery practices, as well as experience working with Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean and Kanban
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- NOW TV premium subscription
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. We’re currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you’ll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you’ll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyacross social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.