We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are leading the way in many areas of data, from delivering business critical reporting, to providing an essential analytics platform to an elite team of data scientists and analysts. Our solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content and a whole lot more. Delivering innovative solutions for new products and initiatives is what we do, every single day. We are the team responsible for bringing together thousands of data feeds from hundreds of systems, into our state-of-the-art cloud platform” – SNR Data Engineering Manager Test
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to build innovative data products that bring even more value to our customers.
To be part of the team that is responsible for instilling good governance principles and practices within Sky to drive the benefits: trust, performance & value.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Produce clear and concise documentation of test coverage as agreed with Stakeholders
- Define, estimate, plan, script and execute tests
- Document and validates all test risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Identify, code and maintain automated scripts for regression and integration tests or data creation
- Provide accurate test estimates to support planning of path to production
- Initiate and implement improvements of test process and appropriate tooling
- Work with and assist other teams within the department, providing technical & domain input
- Assist with the mentoring of associate testers and colleagues
- Comprehensive Cloud migration experience
- In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of managing them
- Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience of Unix and python scripting
- Comfortable with developing testing capability in automation frameworks
- Technology background that includes as many of the following as possibleSelenium, Cucumber, LeanFT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Netezza, Oracle.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about