Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join the Cloud Platforms Engineering team that provides simple, zero-friction, self-service access to on-premises and public cloud services for development teams all across Sky. You’ll join a hardworking, ambitious, forwarding-think and diverse team where the focus is on building modern, scalable automated platforms with security and reliability built in.
What you’ll do:
– Join a hardworking team of engineers to establish and maintain automated process to manage the full lifecycle of Kubernetes environments.
– Contribute to the development and support of the centralised self-service Kubernetes platform that underpins Sky’s customer offerings.
– Extend the capabilities of Kubernetes using Custom Resource Definitions, bringingnew functionality and integrations to our platform
– Champion an “automate first” attitude, developing continuous integration pipelines to ensure our platforms can scale whilst remaining operationally efficient.
– Build and improve our ability to detect anomalous activity to avoid downtime and develop processes and tools to help engineers resolve issues quickly.
– Work closely with users to understand their requirements, share knowledge and evangelise cloud-native standard methodologies.
– Play an active role in the Kubernetes open-source community, exploring emerging technologies and contributing to upstream codebases.
What you’ll bring:
– Demonstrable knowledge and practical experience of managing Kubernetes environments at scale.
– Strong programming/automation skills using Ansible, Python and Go, following modern software development tools and techniques.
– Expertise in the design and build of highly available, geographically dispersed infrastructure solutions.
– Broad background knowledge of infrastructure operations including Linux, Load Balancing, Firewalling and Storage.
– Effective problem solving skills using toolsets such as Prometheus to determine root cause.
– Knowledge and proficient use of cloud technologies including IaaS (vSphere), CaaS (Kubernetes) and PaaS (Cloud Foundry).
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Passion for emerging open source technologies and solving challenges.
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
Where you’ll work:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston North train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.