We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“I’m growing our dedicated and passionate Solutions Architecture team, who support the digital estate that underpin Sky News, Sky Sports, Sky Kids websites, mobile apps and syndication, which are used by millions of valued users across Europe. We’re looking for creative, fun and action orientated individuals to help us elevate and modernise our architecture and core platforms to meet our ambitious future” – Helen Baron, Head of Technology for Architecture and Engineering
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses and O’Reilly Learning to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram!
- help define our architectural strategy to meet our ambitious goals, evolving our platform by delivering creative and iterative end to end solutions that achieve it.
- embark on an extensive evolution of our estate, building foundational platforms to bring more amazing features to existing and new users.
- Provide architectural guidance on deliveries,craftingg the solution and analysis approach at inception and elaboration stages to support delivery planning and mentorship throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Working with delivery teams in developing solutions that are cloud first, secure, highly responsive, scalable, highly available, and resilient in the face of failure of dependent components and systems, keeping the customer experience at heart
- Work across a variety of domains, integrations and subject matters, you will support delivery teams as they implement the solution, adapting if needed and making sure non-functional requirements are met.
- Phenomenal people skills and strategic vision, being able to communicate to a variety of partners through different methods in a relevant level of detail and tailoring the information to the audience – both the tech and non-tech community.
- Strong working knowledge of architectural patterns, cloud technologies and CI/CD.
- Preferable knowledge of one or more of the following languages JS, Python, Kotlin, Swift or PHP.
- The ability to get hands on, interrogating application performance, assessing new technology and evaluating proof of concepts.
- Experience of working on web, mobile or data / event driven platforms at large scale, across multiple departments and business areas.
- Experience of dismantling and migrating off monolith or legacy systems to smaller service based architecture.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
Sky are moving into a Hybrid way of working, which will enable you to manage a balance of office and working from home.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about